On Tuesday afternoon, 11 September 2018, Gerson Relocation, Koyanagi Worldwide and Willis Towers Watson hosted an event focusing on Managing Mobility and Employee Benefits Between the UK and Japan.
The three companies were joined by Hitachi Europe and subject matter experts to provide insight into the complexities relating to businesses who work across these regions. For many people working for Japanese businesses or who relocate employees to and from Japan, the differences in culture and business practices provide a complex and fascinating array of challenges.
- Tom Standring – Head of Global Mobility from Hitachi Europe Ltd. covered Global Mobility Strategy.
- James Coker – Associate Director / Consultant, Health & Benefits from Willis Towers Watson covered International Benefits strategy. Contact Coker@willistowerswatson.com
- Li Xiang – Immigration specialist, Lewis Silkin focused on UK/Japan immigration and the link with tax. Contact LiXiang@lewissilkin.com
- Chi Lam – Japan Tax Specialist, Greenback Alan LLP described how tax could be managed more effectively in association with immigration. Contact ChiL@gballp.com
- Helen Hollingsworth – AIRINC data. Contact HHollingsworth@air-inc.com
- John Koyanagi – Owner, Koyanagi Worldwide discussed the expectations of Japanese culture on international moving services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Elson – Director, Gerson Relocation provided a complete overview of housing, schooling and short term accommodation for moves to and from Japan. Contact email@example.com
- Pernille Rudlin – Japan Intercultural Consulting discussed her own experiences of relocating and living in Japan and the cultural impact on relocating employees from Japan and to Japan. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blending Global Mobility and Global Employee Benefits
Along with the focus on the unique nature of Japanese mobility, the group also explored how global mobility and employee benefits could be aligned.
SOME KEY STATS
Audience: Global Mobility, HRD and Comp & Ben
Topics: #Global Mobility Strategy, #Assignment types, #Immigration, Expat #Tax, #pensions, #Employee Benefits, #Relocation, #Technology, #Lumpsum, #Housing, #HHG Customs, #Settlingin #Cultural Training
Feedback score: 4.2/5 stars #globalmobility