Full Day Intense Workshop – September 22, 2022. 9am – 4pm.
Sign up to Mastering Global Mobility – Event supported by Gerson Relocation & RES Forum on 22nd September 2022.
A full day intense workshop on: Working from anywhere: road to Global Mobility 4.0?
Location: Millennium Suite, Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London SW6 1HS
Investment per person: £1195 excl. VAT – or benefit from our early bird rate of £995 until August 5, 2022
Information: For more information please contact: email@example.com
International remote work (IRW) is not an invention of COVID-19, although the pandemic certainly has given it a tremendous boost. Latest research found that about two thirds of employees see a positive impact of IRW on their corporate culture. However, the scope of IRW is mainly limited to a fairly small number of highly-skilled, educated employees in a few industries and occupations. And not everyone sees working remotely beneficial, like Elon Musk who states that Tesla “has and will create and actually manufacture the most exciting and meaningful products of any company on Earth. This will not happen by phoning it in.”
So how can hesitations against IRW be overcome and what is necessary to fully unfold its potential? Global Mobility (GM) and Talent Management can become spearheads in a movement that strengthens the competitive position of their firm. In fact, GM and Talent can drive an agenda that effectively utilizes digitalization and remote work to unleash innovation, improve the Employer Value Proposition, and to create better global leaders. Eventually, being a more attractive employer is essential in winning the War for Talent.
This Mastering GM workshop will help participants to identify key approaches, substantial challenges, and the way forward to prepare their organization’s Global Mobility and Talent functions in managing IRW within their organization and across industry. Informed by latest research and corporate best practices, you will learn how to shape your organization’s approach to IRW. The workshop is highly interactive and you will produce tangible outputs to take home into your organization!
Dr Benjamin Bader
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in International HRM Newcastle University
Dr Michael Dickmann
Professor in International HRM Cranfield University
- Small group workshop in a top venue
- Drive your IRW approach in Global Mobility for company benefit
- Network with like-minded professionals
- Access evidence-based and research-driven insights
- Reap Global Mobility and career benefits
- A full day event includes all meals, drinks and workshop materials
- Investment per person: £1,195 excl. VAT – or benefit from our early bird rate of £995 excl. VAT until August 5, 2022
GM Leaders and Global Talent Management Professionals joining the IRW workshop will benefit from:
- Acquiring and using an IRW Analysis Tool that allows Global Mobility Managers to understand the IRW status quo of their organization in general and Global Mobility in particular
- Understanding the latest IRW advances and considering their use in the participants’ organization
- Creating ideas about how to refine their IRW approach based on best practice approaches
- Exploring their own IRW principles, policies, and practices and contrasting them to other industry approaches and conduct a benchmarking assessment
- Engaging and networking with leading academics and professional experts
- Considering barriers and drivers to implementing their IRW strategies, such as tax or regulatory constraints
- Learning about different practices and refining their managerial approaches
- Investigating how they can measure the value and return on investment of their Global Mobility /Talent Management IRW to allow for an evidence-based approach
- Working in a top tier venue that allows for fully focusing on the workshop in a great atmosphere
- Small groups (participation number limited to 15) to allow for best learning experience
- Finishing the day with a new or refined IRW strategy including initial implementation/evaluation plan Input from a renowned IRW expert with substantial experience in managing employees remotely
- Upon completion of the course, participants receive a certificate to showcase their successful participation
Sign up to the upcoming workshop on 22nd September 2022.
*We reserve the right to cancel the event if we do not achieve a minimum number of participants. In the unlikely event ALL suites in the stadium would be sold out by the time we have at least 6 people signed up, we would go for an alternative location.
Latest events and insights from Gerson Relocation
Why Sustainable Global Employee Mobility? In recent years, the need for sustainable initiatives from leading…
How to Navigate Working Culture in Japan No matter how hard we try to fight…
Gerson Relocation UK are delighted to announce the appointment of James Sawyer as General Manager.…
Working in Germany is an excellent opportunity for expats looking to advance their careers and…
We are delighted to announce the appointment of Marco Bongers as General Manager of Gerson…
Since 2020 Dijkshoorn Verhuisservice, as part of Gerson Relocation BV, have specialised in the delivery…
Relocating to a new country can be difficult - even more so when your destination…
Protecting your belongings during a house move, particularly when your new house is overseas, isn’t…