Gerson Relocation safely remain open for business!
Following this weekend’s announcement by the UK Government we are advised that from Thursday 5th November the UK will enter a nationwide lockdown which will remain in place until Saturday 2nd December.
We are advised that the delivery of Moving and Relocation Services can continue during this lockdown period.
As we all continue to fight COVID-19, we have learnt a great deal about how to operate safely within the pandemic. From the outset earlier this year Gerson Relocation adopted a stringent set of operational precautions that allowed our teams to operate safely through what was a very difficult summer period.
These safety measures remain in place and enhanced and developed as required and we continue to deliver a safe and secure relocation service to families moving in these difficult times.
As a reminder, all staff are being strictly monitored and service delivery strictly controlled. We continue to take many precautions to ensure we can work safely, to ensure both our teams and our customers are confident we have taken the correct steps and can work safely.
1, Pre-Move Risk Assessment: Can we safely carry out the move?
Gerson Relocation will conduct a ‘virtual’ risk assessment to ensure we can work safely within all social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines.
- Review the what items are to be moved, can we deliver or remove safely?
- Assess the access of residence and communal areas plus the internal workspace environment to ensure we can work safely.
- Review all residence occupancy health status and occupancy numbers and age groups.
- Ensure all parties who will be present in the residence during move are safe to be there.
- Assess residence exits and public interaction points.
2, Preparation: How to prepare for the move day?
All parties need to be ready for the move day(s), good preparation is critically important.
- Ensure all vehicles and equipment are disinfected prior to dispatch to customer residence.
- Ensure all PPE supplies for all crew are on the vehicle, to include;
- Face Masks
- Face Visors
- Hand Wash
- Anti-Bacterial Fluid
- All crew to be temperature checked prior to commencing work.
- All handyman services, dismantling of furniture to be completed before the move day.
- Have each room clearly prepared identifying what’s to go, Gerson Relocation will supply labels.
- Where possible ensure rooms are well ventilated and all internal doors open.
- Confirm that anyone that is in the residence has no virus symptoms.
3, The Move Day: Safely completing the move
On the move day(s) it is very important that we all adhere to physical distancing and safe working practices. At times this may prove challenging but with positive communication and cooperation everything should work smoothly.
- Customer and crew leader to conduct a safe distance walk through of property explaining how each room has been prepared.
- Ensure all surfaces in the residence are wiped down with Anti Bactria fluid.
- If possible, only have 1 resident plus the crew in the residence.
- No person who is in isolation or has COVID-19 symptoms to be present at any time.
- PPE to be used by all crew.
- Adhere to physical distancing requirements at all time
Kindly Note: This advice/procedures are subject to change without notice in line with UK Government advice and instruction.
If you would like further information on any of the above, please contact your Client Relationship Manager at Gerson Relocation.
Client Services Team